Saturday 17 February 2018

More purple for my rainbow


This week I made two more paper-pieced blocks in purple for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge hosted by Angela. The patterns for the blocks can be found at the blog "Sewn by Leila", along with an excellent foundation paper piecing tutorial.

This first one was going to be purple with yellow, but I got distracted while cutting and cut a third pair of yellow triangles. Not wanting to waste them the block became yellow with purple! I like the result.



 

As I didn't find this QAL until February and hadn't made any of these blocks in January, I also made a blue block.


Further this week my sewing endeavours have focussed on preparing  my "Rainbow Bears' Square Dance" for quilting. It's now layered so hopefully will be finished this month as that's my goal for the month.

I'm linking to

SoScrappy

so pop in over there to see more purple goodies.

Happy sewing

Marly.

7 comments:

Ivani said...

Beautiful blocks I specially love the purple and green one.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those are really funky blocks!! I hadn't come across that QAL. Enjoy!!

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

I like the yellow and purple, nice fussy cutting, and I like that they are all a little different too. Great blocks and a great way to use up scraps.

Kaja said...

I like how every block is slightly different -they are going to look very cool all together.

Kate said...

Very pretty blocks! Lots of gorgeous fabrics and colors in each.

JanineMarie said...

These are adorable blocks. I like how you fussy cut that little purple design in the "yellow with purple" block. I had not seen these scrappy triangle patterns before. They look like such fun to make with all those different details.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

I like the variety you use and your colour combinations. They look great.