Monday 8 December 2014

The last of the "Little Letters"

Having made all the letters as far as "R" several weeks ago, I worked through the rest of the alphabet on Saturday morning.

The X is a disappointment. I shall be redoing it before long.

The quilt pattern from The Temecula Quilt Company QAL has four more blocks to make up the 26 letters to a 5 x 6 block layout. I still have to make those and add the sashings, so there's some way to go still.

The complete alphabet with spaces for the four remaining blocks.
(My apologies for the thready wall; I believe a loo brush works wonders. A clean one, that is!)

The letters are really very easy to make, and the great thing is the patterns are staying up on the site, so if you're interested in using them too go and take a look.



Linking up this week to:
stitch by stitch Patchwork Times Freemotion by the River 
Wednesday link up Sew Fresh Quilts Needle and Thread Thursday  


Happy sewing


Marly.



9 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Your letters are awesome Marly! Such a happy looking quilt!

Kathy S. said...

Great colors!

Vireya said...

I can see that the "X" gets a little lost, but they look great. Such pretty fabrics!

Kaja said...

Well done for completing your alphabet blocks - they are very bright and cheerful.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

You letters look adorable Marly! To get caught up on mine is on my To Do list this week!!

Lara B. said...

Great letter blocks Marly! A loo brush... LOL

Laney said...

Looks good - and it looks like fun! Thanks for sharing. :)

Lisa J. said...

I came here from let's bee social to see whose letters these were. Glad to see you have your letters finished. I'm going to have to get back to sewing mine.

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

I made two sets of the Little Letters (letters done, need to work on sashing). I agree that they were easy. I was often surprised how quickly they went together. It's fun to see other people's take on the project. Thanks for sharing! :-)