Saturday 15 February 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Saturday link up week 7



Broken dishes, and unfinished (not broken) heart.

I haven't been so busy with pink for the RSC14 this week. 




I couldn't resist trying to make a heart, as everyone else seemed to be this week. Unfortunately I don't have enough variation in pale pink to make a scrappy pale pink edging, so this is as far as it goes for now.



I've done some blue and yellow: 


Using a surplus block as the centre for a place mat. Now I have to figure out what to add top and bottom to make it up to size. Incidentally, now I like the wonky log cabins (my first shot at improv) more than the star!









And I've done a lot of cutting into manageable scraps for Bonnie Hunter's Leader and Ender challenge. I know, most people will have done all the necessary cutting months ago. But I didn't have many scraps (still don't) but I do have lots of leftovers from dressmaking. Gradually I'm working through those; they're mostly still packed in removers' boxes.

I'm linking up to Soscrappy 
so hop over there to see what other pink patches have been made. 

Happy Sewing


Marly.


10 comments:

Karen said...

Your log cabins are so small. Very pretty pink blocks.

Katie Z. said...

I try to keep my scraps trimmed, but regularly find my dressmaking scraps so tedious I can't face all of them at once. They do cut into lovely scraps, though, so I think you have a good plan.

Deb A said...

Pretty start on your heart block. Do you have some cream with pink flowers that could be background?

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love the idea of using an orphan block in a placemat. I have a few of those I wasn't sure how to use. I wish I had more scraps too. Maybe that is how I need to start shopping for fabrics. LOL

Angie said...

Cute wonky log cabins - and such small pieces! I like the star, too - I've always liked that type of design.

Cindy Nielsen said...

I like your start on the pink heart. I love scraps.

Sheila said...

Love your pink scraps! Nice wonky log cabin blocks.

Kate said...

Very pretty pink blocks. I don't have a lot of pink scraps either, but sometimes it's fun to challenge yourself to work with what you've got. The table mat is going to be stunning. It would be hard for me to let anyone actually use it.

Cathy said...

I've made a couple of Broken Dishes quilts because I really like that block. A rainbow of broken dishes would be fun.
Oh, my...those must be the tiniest of scraps in those wonky log cabins. They are cute, though.

Elly D said...

I love your broken dishes and placemat! Some very nice pinks in there. Your heart may work well if you finish the stitching. Looks good :)